11 March 2006

Saturday Morning and All is Well

It's been a while since I wrote anything. So I'm going to give a really boring blog that just tells you the few things I have been doing. Right now, it's 9:30 am and I'm waiting for brunch at 11. Yesterday I downloaded the past month's services at my home church (Calvary Chapel Chester Springs) and am listening to the last one now. I miss that place! Pastor Chris just said that when he puts a flashlight against his wife's pregnant stomach, the baby stops moving. Ok. Good to know.

I've been going through a MAJOR dry spell in my quiet time. I look back over the past few weeks in my journal, and there are only a few sentences per day. Sometimes the date is written and that is it. I used to do about a page a day. However, God gave me an oasis on Wednesday and just reminded me that my relationship with Him has nothing to do with what I am feeling, but what I know. I KNOW that He hears me. I KNOW that He loves me. I KNOW that He has a plan for my life. He is calling me to rest in that knowledge of Him. He wanted me to know that the more I open my heart to Him, the more He will fill it.

I was talking to my roommate Hannah about this Wednesday night. We were talking about how it is so important to remember that our relationship is not based on feelings. That God knew EXACTLY when I needed that oasis. Oh, and He told me on Wednesday when I was reading His Word that this was an oasis. I knew that He wants me to dig deeper into His word than I am used to so that when He begins to pour out His revelation on me again, my roots will be deeper. I think my theme song for this semester is "Anchored Deep." At the end of last semester, I remember it was the Monday before the end of school and the worship leader did that song. It really blessed me. I think that God wants me to realize the truth that is in that song. I keep coming back to it.

As far as other things..well...I feel totally at home here. I've made awesome friends, not to mention that I can hang out with Ela, Ludwig, Nada and Judith who I knew back from Cali. I am becoming more of a girl (GASP!). I don't know, I think that it has a lot to do with realizing who I am in Christ and that He brought me here. It is INCREDIBLE to know that I am in God's will right now! That He has led me here for this time in my life and that I obeyed His voice. Praise Him!

I think that's just about everything...so here's the lyrics to that song. Oh, and it's about 10:00 now. Half an hour to write a blog? I'm losing my touch.

Anchored Deep by Scott Cunningham

I know You're with me, I know You're here
I love Your presence, as I draw near
But my heart deceives me, my feelings lie
Yes they're always drifting, with the ocean's tide, with the ocean's tide

I'm anchored deep in Your great love
I'm anchored deep in who You are
I'm anchored deep in Your holy Word
I'm anchored deep in You my Lord

I hear You speaking, Your word is clear
My heart rejoices, as Your love casts out my fear
I'm moving forward, I'm pressing on
And nothing moves me, for You're the anchor to my soul, You're the anchor to my soul

I hear You calling, Lord here I am
Oh Lord please send me, with a message from Your hand
The fields are ready, the time is now
We need Your Spirit, oh Lord we need Your power, oh Lord we need Your power

No comments: