20 July 2006

five, six...pick up sticks

Anyone here know that I am scared to death of tornadoes? No? Well, I am. We had a severe thunderstorm here on the 18th, and I was happy to make it through the night. I didn't see a tornado, but the sky was green and there was hail. So I go to work the next day and what do I see? The debris left by a tornado. Since insurance still had to look at it all (for my boss, of course) all we could do was some minor clean up. I picked up a LOT of sticks.

See?


Oh, but about halfway through the storm, there was a break. ABSOLUTLY beautiful! I'm not a photographer, but I tried my best.



This one is my favorite.





The damage at the Kennel? You can see that it definately WAS a tornado (ignore the fact that my boss Sam saw it) because of the way these trees are down. The big one is perpendicular to the smaller one. I thought wind blew things down the same way...must have been a more...cirular wind.

This is the bigger tree. That fence is five and a half feet high.


Here is the smaller one, and you can see the vines attached to the larger one in the foreground. This one was twisted off its' trunk.



This makes me want to move to, oh, I don't know, Germany. I think I'll leave in a couple of weeks....

No comments: