05 April 2008

Good Morning!

I got up ridiculously early today. That means 1:45 am. Normally I sleep in until 4 on Saturdays, because I get up at 3 on a normal day...you're thinking "um, Stephanie, THAT's ridiculously early...."
I know.

I was up early because my work is cracking down on parking and a friend who works second shift needed to get two cars home this weekend. So when I got home from that, I went for a run. Longer than usual, but it was a REALLY good run.

Here's where everything gets so cool.

After breakfast I took a cup of tea out on my front porch to watch the sunrise. It's about 6 am at this point. There is a beautiful lake view from my porch, and as it has been wet out there was so much mist. As the sky began to lighten and I was listening to the birds chirping away, God just spoke to my heart. He reminded me that there is so much going on out there that has NOTHING to do with me and EVERYTHING to do with Him. I saw His creation in front of me, heard the birds all around, and then was blessed enough to watch five deer come out and have breakfast. Ah, this is the life!

I can't wait until I am back in Germany. I'll visit in about 6 weeks and then...well...if you don't know what comes after that then you'll have to ask me ;)

It is so good to know that I am in God's hands, in His plan, and that He is working through me daily. He is sanctifying me daily. Shaping me, renewing my heart, mind and spirit through His Spirit.

I can't wait until He calls us HOME.

Thank you, Lord, for Your peace, Your love, Your creation and that You have allowed us to enter into Your rest. Help me to conquer the land and destroy all the strongholds of the enemy. Help me to remember that it is only through Your strength that this will be done and that I must stay humble. Don't let me attack Ai in my own strength, Lord! Thank You for Your creation - praise You, Jesus!
----------------
Now playing: Phil Wickham - Let My Words be Few
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

jessica reid. said...

steph. i miss you! so you're going back to germany?